Thursday, October 05, 2006

I Hate Paper Thin Walls

I have learned to live in a dorm...I have gotten used to the extreme temperatures of the showers, the crickets hoping all over my room, and the limited amount of space in my room split by my roommate. However, there is one major problem in Elliott the walls are way too thin.

It's nine o'clock on a week night and I'm studying just like every night, and then I hear her, a girl that lives in the room right next to mine. Every night at what seems to be the exact moment I start studying this girl, who should remain nameless, is on the phone with this guy, who I assume is her boyfriend. Not only is she just talking with him, if that were the case I wouldn't hear her, she is either yelling at him or whining to him, and sometimes even starts whaling and crying to him. It is so annoying, and it seems as the conversation continues her voice gets progressively louder and louder. These fights too, are stupid petty fights. The other night she was arguing about him coming inside. She wanted him to come inside and he wanted her to go outside. That was the whole conversation, it lasted probably 15 min.

This morning I was sleeping in just like every normal Thursday, it's the only day I do not have eight o'clock class, and I found out it is not only her annoying, loud, late night phone calls that bother me, but her inconsiderate behavior. At nine o'clock in the morning she decided it would be fun to blast her music. I was so pissed. I wanted to sleep in until at least 10:30, I don't have class until 12:30 on Thursdays. Of course I couldn't go back to sleep.

Dorms are really not bad, unless you get stuck with the most obnoxious hall mate ever! Tonight of course, isn't any different. She is in her room yelling, whining, and crying to her boyfriend! Oh how fun!

No comments: