Monday, September 04, 2006

Why Shopgirl87?

Shopgirl87 is an odd name. You may think, sure, here is a person, who obviously is a girl, that enjoys shopping. The number 87 is either just a number that she chose randomly or a number that has some sort of significance. Well, that is the half of it. As I was entering all the necessary information to create a blog, I came to the part of the process where it asked me to enter in my blogger name. All the other questions had been easy for me up to this point. What is your email, create a password, retype the word you see on the screen, etc...but when I got to this section, create a blogger name, I had to think for a minute. I didn't want something as cliche as my nickname or middle name, but I also didn't want to choose something that was just stupid either. I sat just staring at the flashing cursor on the screen. I was thinking back in my life of something I was maybe good at, teased about, or just little facts about me that I could use as a name. I thought of the perfect name. I chose shopgirl87 because although I do have a passion for shopping, my favorite movie of all time is You've Got Mail. Meg Ryan's character, Kathleen Kelly, used Shopgirl as the name to her emailing account in the movie. For those of you who are somewhat confused to what it is I am talking about, go rent You've Got Mail and you hopefully will understand. Some of you may also think this is still a completely random name; I watched this movie again on TBS yesterday, and remembered how much I liked her username. Aside from shopgirl, the importance of the number 87 is the year I was born. July 29, 1987. Just thought I would stick on one other fact about me and make this username my own.

No comments: