Thursday, September 07, 2006

A New Life

It's weird, moving out. On my own for the first time in my life. I mean I have been practically an only child for the past five years since my older brother moved out of the house, but to not have my parents around is weird. I am used to them telling me to clean my room, unload the dish washer, run to the grocery store or having to call around 12 o'clock on a Friday or Saturday night to tell them how much longer I am going to be out. I am close to my family; so the first couple of nights in this new city was not easy. I was literally all by myself because my roommate didn't move in for three more days. This was the hardest part of my new life; it made me somewhat rethink my decision to move away from home, I missed my family. I knew a few people from home, College Station, but they weren't my best friends. The feeling of having to start over made me scared and nervous. It was three weeks ago today that I moved into Elliot Hall. Since then I have fallen in love with college life. I have gotten to know how to get to Target and HEB, the outlet mall, and to my bowling class; I have also met some really cool new people and have reacquainted with some old ones; I have learned study skills and how hard it is to go to 8 a.m class when you don't have someone telling you to get up. The best part of it all is that it is freedom; know one telling me what to do anymore. It is the next step in life; I am excited that I get to go to school to learn how to do my job that I want to do. I went home this Labor Day weekend. It was again weird to travel back home. I came into my house and said "hi parents I am home from college." My best friends stayed in town and now go to A&M; I enjoyed seeing them after a few weeks and to be able to catch up on our new college experiences. My brother lives in Dallas, but comes home on occasion to see his girlfriend, who also goes to A&M. I think it really fazed my parents when instead of just saying goodbye to their son as he leaves to go back home, but now they have to say goodbye to both their kids. This really is a new life. I am excited to face all the new adventures, good and bad, that are going to come my way. I imagine there are many of you who can relate to my story and know what it is that I am feeling.

1 comment:

D Hadbawnik said...

taylor

i hate getting up too but i have one word for you: coffee.

good first couple of posts, and i like the basic design of this and the visuals (and you've got the blogroll up -- yay). but keep posting.