Sunday, September 10, 2006

Rusty

This is my poodle Rusty. I unfortunately had to leave him at home in College Station, and I miss him everyday. I got him in the fourth grade for Christmas. He was a complete shock because for a few months before Christmas I begged my parents for a dog and they kept saying no. By the look on my dad's face I knew they were serious, but I didn't give up. Sure enough Christmas morning Santa left him by our tree. He was so tiny and energetic. I got to name him, of course! When he was a puppy his hair color was such a deep auburn that he looked like rust, hence his name Rusty. The only thing that makes me so frustrated is that he is supposed to be mine and love me the most, but he clings to my dad. When I go to let him in he runs right past me to my dad! The ironic thing is my dad was the one who didn't want him in the first place, and as much as he won't admit it he loves my dog. I still love Rusty though, and I wouldn't trade him for the world!

No comments: