Sunday, September 24, 2006

Why Texas State is the Better School!

I recently joined a new Facebook group called there is a college in my home town, but I didn't stay. That college is A&M. Through out high school I thought that's where I want to go, Texas A&M. It is where my mom and dad went, my brother, two aunts, three uncles, and a cousin all went to school. It's tradition. Fall of my senior year came around, and it was time to take the SATs. Didn't do so well on that test, but I thought "it's OK" I will do better on the ACTs. Didn't do so well on that test either. I was hoping my high GPA would be enough to get in, unfortunately it wasn't. I was upset, but the more I thought about it the more I wanted to go to Texas State anyways. So I deceided to go to Texas State, and am so glad that I choses this school. My top ten reasons (in no particular order) why I am happier here than staying in College Station:

1. Texas State is the best school for my major: Elementary Education

2. The campus is so beautiful, and so easy to get around. A&M is really spread out and has at least a 15 min walk everywhere. The most it takes here for me is 5 min.

3. The river. Although I only got to go a few times because its starting to get really cold, it's still awesome to see it driving around. When I did float the river, it was so much fun.

4. The San Marcos Outlet mall. There are so many shops and since it's an outlet, most of the prices are cheaper than in the regular stores. College Station has one mall with only a few good stores, and since there is only one, you can't go anywhere without someone else wearing the same thing.

5. It is so convenient to Austin. Only a short 30 min drive and you can go to the best restaurants and see the best night life. The closest thing to College Station is Houston and that at least an hour and 15 min. drive.

6. Although I really dislike my dorm, I like how Texas State requires you to live in a dorm because you meet a lot of really interesting people.

7. The nightlife in San Marcos is a more interesting. Just last night I went to Lucy's to see a really cool band called Clap Clap!

8. Although A&M really isn't a cult there are just a lot of traditions, Texas State is better because we have a better outlook, we don't look weird during games (A&M is always chanting).

9. There are better restaurants in San Marcos. Joe's crab Shack is so good.

10. Texas State in general is much better than A&M, and I am glad they didn't except me because I have found an even better school! Plus I get to break tradition in my family!

No comments: